Jan 18, 2023
My guest this week is Jesse Eubanks, a certified
Enneagram coach and host of The EnneaCast, a podcast exploring
personality and relationships through the lens of the
Jesse is also the founder and executive director of
Love Thy Neighborhood, an urban missions agency putting young
adults on the front lines of nonprofit work. Relevant named him one
of the top 50 Christian artists and activists making an impact on
culture in America.
Jesse and his wife, Lindsay, have two children and
live in Louisville, Kentucky. He is also the author of,
“How We Relate: Understanding God, Yourself,
and Others through the Enneagram.”
6:09 – Jesse 101
- Jesse does discipleship and missions for modern
- He has been working in urban ministry since he was
19, and he spent time working with a homeless shelter.
7:38 – What is the Enneagram?
- None of us see the world the same way.
- The Enneagram is a tool to help people understand
the ways that other people perceive the world.
- It’s a personality typing system that looks at
motivation and core desires.
14:15 – “How We Relate” book
- You need to know about the Enneagram and Jesus. If
you only use the Enneagram, you’re missing half of the
- The Enneagram doesn’t need to be explicitly
Christian in its origins to be useful.
- Why not just use the Bible? Sometimes we need new
language to look at something in a fresh way.
20:54 – Enneagram types
- Type 1 – The Reformer
- Type 2 – The Helper
- Type 3 – The Achiever
- Type 4 – The Individualist
- Type 5 – The Investigator
- Type 6 – The Loyalist
- Type 7 – The Enthusiast
- Type 8 – The Challenger
- Type 9 – The Peacemaker
31:11 – Enneagram is a tool
- The Enneagram is a wonderful tool, but it cannot
love me into wholeness.
- Empathy + Authority = Trust
42:30 – How do you relate to God?
- No one who encounters Jesus stays the same.
- Jesus wants to break us out of our addictions.
- We bend our ideas of God to suit us. Just let God
be who He is.
56:52 – Jesse’s goal for readers
- Jesse wants you to know that Jesus is reaching for
you and loves you.
None of us see the world the same. The Enneagram is a
tool to help people understand the ways that other people perceive
The Enneagram allows us to be really complicated
people, but it’s a very user-friendly approach to understanding all
The Enneagram is a wonderful tool, but it cannot love
me into wholeness.
We bend our ideas of God to suit us. Just let God be
who He is.