Mar 29, 2023
My guest this week is Heather MacFayden, the host of
the popular podcast, “Don’t Mom Alone,” with more than 18 million
downloads from across the globe. She finds great joy in connecting
moms to mentors and experts through her podcast and speaking across
the country. Her new book, “Right Where You Belong: How to Identify
& Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space,” comes out in April.
4:43 – Heather 101
- She met her husband Bruce at a small college in
Indiana. They've been married for 24 years and have four boys, from
11 to 17 years old.
- Heather has been doing a weekly podcast for almost
6:45 – New book & free audio
- Heather’s new book, “Right Where You Belong: How to
Identify & Fully Occupy Your God-Given Space,” comes out in
- If you pre-order the book, you’ll get a free audio
13:29 – Grace and space
- Heather has worked on giving herself more grace in
the present moment and tries not to compare herself to friends or
- She focuses on her God-given space and how she can
17:55 – Dialogue with God
- Dialogue with God about your life. Bring your
decisions to Him.
- We should be faithful and ask God for help and
20:40 – Challenges
- Have an ongoing conversation with God about all
things, good and bad.
- When you face challenges, focus on what you can
control and where you can be.
27:00 – Sit with God
- Heather is a big believer in talking with God,
sitting with Him.
- Don’t only talk with friends about your
31:04 – Fully occupy your space
- Heather occupies her space and invites other to
join her, but she doesn’t try to force people to convert to her
47:00 – Get to know you
- Last thing that made her laugh? Her youngest son
singing happy birthday to her while wearing costumes.
- Last thing that made her cry? American Idol
I reflected on some places in my journey that felt
like I was missing out or that I had messed up or I had failed.
When I could pull back and see what God was doing, I could give
myself grace then.
What if I could give myself grace in the present
moment, in the failures and places that don’t look like all of my
God has given you this space.
Dialogue with God about your life. Bring your
decisions to Him.
Heather MacFadyen is the host of the popular parenting podcast
Don't Mom Alone, with more than 18 million downloads from around
the globe, as well as the author of the book Don't Mom Alone. She
finds great joy in connecting other women to mentors and experts
through her podcast and in speaking at live events with women
across the country. She and her husband and their four sons live in
Dallas, Texas. Learn more at www.dontmomalone.com.