Apr 24, 2019
The minutia associated with owning a small business can be
excruciating. Especially if you run a non-profit, you're probably
more interested in your passion than you are managing day-to-day
activity. Today's guest is Stephanie Skryzowski, the founder and
CEO of 100 Degrees Consulting. As an expert in management and
finance, she equips motivated organizations to execute their vision
while managing organizational operations.
Things You Don't Want To Miss:
Meet Today's Guest
- 1:40 - Stephanie Skryzowski is the founder and CEO of 100 Degrees Consulting. 100 Degrees
Consulting helps purpose-driven leaders better understand and use
their financials to make smart decisions for their organizations,
so that they can do more and serve more.
The Stephanie 101
- 5:03- Stephanie just new she was going to become a lawyer.
She'd read every John Grisham book, and she majored in
Political Science. After college, she even lined up a job at a
massive law firm in New York City. However, she quickly realized
she was in the wrong place.
- 7:16 - One of Stephanie's jobs at the law firm was working
alongside an organization in Afghanistan. Something about that
organization drew her in, and she eventually took a position with
them as an operations coordinator.
- 8:20 - On a trip to Afghanistan, she had a lightbulb moment
that changed her career trajectory. Her knack for numbers led her
down a path that eventually culminated in her starting 100 Degrees
Consulting. She wanted to enable nonprofits to achieve their vision
while becoming more organizationally sound.
A Need For Help
- 13:00 - Many business owners have a strong vision, but they
lack the support necessary to keep their lights on day in and day
out. Small business owners and nonprofit directors often need
organizational help to maintain the day-to-day flow of
A Fear Of Money
- 16:30 - Money is complicated, and people like to avoid
complicated things. Stephanie explains why a fear of numbers tends
to keep leaders from becoming organizationally sound.
Hire Where It Hurts
- 18:00 - Perhaps you've heard the saying, "Do what you do best,
and hire the rest." Don't feel like a failure simply because an
area of your business is outside of your comfort zone. Don't be
afraid to ask for help. You can't do it all, and it takes a team to
accomplish your vision.
Taking It To The Next Level
- 21:38 - Stephanie shares her niche for helping organizations on
an aggressive growth trajectory who lack the ability to take their
business to the next level on their own. She's able to answer key
questions that add value and help organizations to achieve their
A Cognitive Disconnect
- 25:55 - There's often a disconnect in a nonprofit's goals and
it's ability to achieve them. So many organizations have great
strategic plans, but they lack the ability to execute them. You
have to align your budget with your growth plan.
- 29:36 - The word budget is excruciating to hear, but if you're
starting an organization, your budget is a valuable tool.
- 31:50 - Manage your cash flow. Map out when your cash is coming
in, and when it's going out.
Getting To Know Our Guest:
- 35:11 - Stephanie shares her love for Dave Matthews and urges
you to try whacky foods that might put you outside of your comfort
A Memorable Moment:
"At the end of the day, we only have 24 hours to make an impact.
The only way to grow exponentially is to bring in outside
- Stephanie Skryzowski
To visit the Business With Purpose website, click the